Photokina 2016: BBC Blue Room Report


In late September 2016, I was humbled to be chosen by the Blue Room team to attend the bi-annual Photokina exhibition in Cologne. Photokina is the world's largest Photography trade show, and has been running since 1950!

My BBC colleague Ahmed Razek and I had not long finished writing a Tech Trends report for the European IFA Consumer Electronics show (which you can read here) at the start of the September, and here I was at the tail end of the month on a similar mission, but this time I was flying solo.

It was time to test the assumption that I was indeed the team's "Camera Guy" and I hope this report does that notion justice. The report pulls out what the major themes of the event were, and also asks some big questions about the world of photography and multimedia. I hope there's something in it for Pro Photographers and Tecchies, the interested Pro-sumer, and absolute beginners too.

I had a great time attending the event, and learnt an awful lot. Hopefully you'll see some of that if you click this link and have a read. And of course, there are plenty of pictures in here too...

http://www.blrm.io/photokina2016report

Best, Agent Warhurst